Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Oh, hello.

Oh, hello blog.  I suppose it's been awhile.  We have a few things to catch up on.

A couple months ago I had a conversation with a recruiter.  I wasn't actively looking for a new job, but she'd contacted me and I thought it would be a good idea to at least explore the role, since it sounded pretty fantastic.  We went through the basic interview questions, and one jumped out at me.

"What one hard skill would you most like to improve?"

I was stumped for a moment, in full interview mode, trying to showcase my best selling points.  I can't remember exactly what I said, but the question stayed with me, nagging the edge of my memory, until I knew what the answer was.

Write.

I want to improve my writing.  Now, to be honest, I think I'm a fairly good writer.  I can tell you the difference between an adjective and an adverb and construct a fairly good sentence, and perhaps even put together some compelling stories.

But, I'd really like to be better than just fairly good.  And I think in order to do that, I'll have to write a bit more often.

So, welcome to the new molliken on the move.  Expect more frequent updates, more running stories (fingers crossed we actually get to run NYC this year), a few recipes, some house pics and a few cute baby pics.  Maybe we have more than a few things to catch up on.


No comments:

Post a Comment