Wednesday, September 19, 2012

The Lake is the Place (for long runs)

So after my last running update, I think the actual jetlag kicked in.  I did not exactly hit my mileage as scheduled last week, but I did get there with a Friday medium run (~7 miles) and pushing our long run to Sunday.  I'm catching up!

This week I even hit a new high mileage: Evan and I ran 17 or 18 miles on Sunday.  We were glad for a break from the hot, humid weather, and it even seems that fall has arrived in Chicago this week.





I'll need to remember to take pictures a little earlier in our runs.  This was after approximately 15 miles, and we probably look it.

We miss trotting around the bridle path in central park, but this view of lake and sailboats isn't half bad.


We have discovered the fuel and mindset are important to this kind of distance.  Evan likes Gu, but I'm having trouble getting used to the consistency.  I like the Gu chomps though.

We ran with my Runkeeper app on this time, and it clocked our first section realistically, but it got screwed up on the way back, saying we covered a total of 25 miles at an average 7:13 pace.  So we are guessing that the run was 17-18 miles total.

Maybe something to strive for.

No comments:

Post a Comment