Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Back to Life, Back to Reality...

To continue the playlist theme, here's a throwback with a nice beat for a running playlist.  Good for getting back in the groove, I think.

Since my knees were bothering me a little bit before my travels, I'm going to chalk it up as a good thing that I did not hit my mileage while traveling.  Actually, considering the amount of walking we did in London, I very well may be close to the mileage I was going for, I just wasn't running those miles on my schedule.  And my knees are feeling better - ready to run.

Now that I'm back, I'm committed to hitting my goal mileage this week:
Today: 7 mile challenge run (speedwork!)
Tomorrow: 6 mile easy run
Friday: rest or cross train
Saturday: 18 mile long run (Holy cow, 18?!?!? This is for real.)

Follow along and see if I can really get that many miles in!

London was a blast, but I'm glad to be back.  Just one more thing to close - Sunday we visited this exhibit at the Portrait gallery, which was excellent.  I love Dorothy Wilding's image of the queen for her coronation, and I love this quote:

"Let us not take ourselves too seriously."
~Queen Elizabeth II

In lieu of a long run, this weekend was more about coffee and good friends.  Because, it's good to have a balance.




Off to get 7 miles in!
(PS, I'm back to posting in real time.  Thanks for catching up.)




No comments:

Post a Comment